Below is the ‘Master At Arms‘ unified response to the ongoing Covid-19 situation:
We at ‘Master @ Arms’ are endeavouring to deliver the same high quality professional work as we always have, whilst adhering and adapting to the recommended government guidelines surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.
The below is all guidance and we as co-ordinators and choreographers are happy to adapt to individual production’s precautions and needs.
The UK government state that if people cannot be kept 2m apart during work, then they should do everything possible to manage transmission risk. We at ‘Master @ Arms’ can do this by:
• keeping the activity time involved as short as possible
• being back-to-back or side-to-side whenever possible
• staggering arrival and departure times
• reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or
We also acknowledge the PACT and UK Broadcasters published guidelines:
Although mainly tailored to the procedures of production houses, we take all guidance on board and adapt our workings to reflect that.
In addition, we would asses the requirements of the scene and offer solutions to minimise transmission risk, such as:
• sanitise shared props between takes, including between cast and stunts (in the case of shared props, performers to wash hands before and after use)
• performers / production to provide their own pads and to clean and sanitise them after each use (if not possible, Co-ordinators to provide sanitising equipment)
• during rehearsals, performers / co-ordinators that are within 2m of each other are to wear face coverings
• performers and co ordinators to have their temperature taken via a non-contact thermometer to check for fever (37.8C or greater)
• offering shorter phrases of choreography that move in and out of proximity, as well as avoiding prolonged close contact moves
We hope this helps us all move forward in bringing the creative entertainment sector back to life again in this unprecedented time, and we look forward to working with you soon…